Sunday, July 24, 2005

" I guess being an expert on evolutionary psychology is just something I was born with"

"

You know, people often ask me how I know so much about evolutionary psychology. I had never really thought about it before but I'm pretty sure that having a talent for knowing all about the controversial academic area of evolutionary psychology - or 'Ev Psych', to us experts - is something that you're either born with or you're not. A lot of people don't like that idea, though. I guess that's why what I'm an expert in is so controverisal.

People say the dumbest things, too. They'll be all like "Dude, the only reason you actually know anything about evolutionary psychology is that you went to university and studied anthropology, biology, psychology and zoology. You got your knowledge from learning, socially" or they'll say, like, "You've read mountains of books and regularly keep up to date with academic literature about this stuff: that's how you know about it". And I have to say, those guys are douche bags. If they knew anything at all about evolutionary psychology - which they don't, because they weren't born with the knowledge that I was - they would be aware that people are just born with talents, abilities and qualities genetically. Some get the goods - like me - and others don't - like the douche bags who talk about 'social learning' and 'conditioning' and all these other current buzzwords.

I won't lie to you. I can remember a time when I didn't know anything about evolutionary psychology. In fact, I probably couldn't even pronounce it. But that's easily explained. See, I was predisposed to become an expert in this area and it was lying in me, dormant, until one day it occured to me that I, indeed, was an expert on evolutionary psychology. One day I was just sitting there, not realising I was, at the genetic level, an expert on an obscure scientific area; then, poof, I became self-aware. Like those machines in that movie.

But, hey, I don't let it get me down. After all, the people who want to deny my innate expertise in evolutionary psychology probably can't help being dickheads. Just like I was blessed with being born knowing heaps of information about Ev Psych, even though at first I didn't realise it, those naysayers are hardwired to just not understand. We shouldn't get angry with them. It's just the way they are.

"

6 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger da buttah said...

wow...that's like me.....

and designers. hehe

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Wait...what?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger da buttah said...

haha we confused hedge!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm not confused so much as worried that you think what I write in my blog is serious. Hmm.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Well, hello and holy shit.

You must have some stories, my friend.

I'm glad you'll be back at uni.

And, seriously, what is with everyone taking my satire literally? Am I being too unfunny?

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger da buttah said...

i'm well aware it's satire.

not sure nat is

 

Post a Comment

<< Home