Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ode to a Constantly In-Growing Toenail

"

It's time to let you go
Because you have so much to offer the world
At large
With me you're just an infection
But, oh, how you could soar
Detached, you could be a big star
A big toe star
Don't let me hold you back

Oh, you've been growing in for some time
I think it's about time you grew up
And spread your cuticles and flew away
Without the aid of the surgeon's knife
Oh, what a life

There was love
But it was never enough
Boy, are you a pain in the behind.
But even more of a pain
In the Foot.

No more, no less than the greater pain
Pins, needles and that hooked thing you crochet with
Let go of the apron strings
And grow upwards and outwards
Before they pull you away from me
For good

I know you're scared
And the pain will be difficult at first
Yet, to reach your full potential
As a wonderment of podiatry
That is truly a thing to behold

And though you'll be far from me
I can feel your every move
Because you are still a part of me
Every time I walk
The memory will remain imprinted
On my tiny great toe
That never had a chance
With you, to grow.

"

6 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger da buttah said...

sounds like someone needs a pedicure =0)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I think the ode is working. No pedicure necessary.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger da buttah said...

never underestimate the power of the mighty word, eh?

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Blake said...

Dude, I actually had to have surgery on my big toe because my big toe got so jacked and unruly.

Blake

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Dude..DUDE! I've had 5+ procedures on my big toes. That ode was only half a joke haha.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Johnny Newt said...

pretty clever, ...pretty clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home