Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"I'm being arrested for downloading music?"

"

Oh, hello officers. Is there some kind of problem? Arrested? For what?! You have got to be joking. This in an outrage. I'm not even that big of a downloader. Seriously, check out my computer - there's barely anything on it. Oh shit. OK, I guess you'd better come in...oh, watch out officer. Mind that box on the ground there - that has
a few hundred CDs in it. I haven't got around to buying another shelf for them. So, many people getting arrested for downloading these days? Really, that many?
Gee...oh, ooh...damn. I should have told you to watch out for that. You just stepped on the Pet Sounds Sessions box set. There's three discs in that, not to mention limited edition booklets. Sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice. I just get a bit touchy when it comes to my collection. Ok, officers, I'm just looking for my coat. Now, where could it be? Hmm. I knew I had it the other day when I came back from the record store...perhaps it's under that new Nine Inch Nails digipak. Yeah, it's pretty good actually...Not there? Hmm, well try that yellow bag. Yeah the JB Hi Fi one. Nothing in there? Oh, just some Zappa reissues. Hmm. Well, I guess I'll have to come down town without a coat then, right? Gee, what a bummer, getting arrested for downloading. Still, though, I guess I did download a little bit of music and I did deprive artists of their rightful income.
Yeah, look, no arguments there, sir or...constable, yeah. What's that? Oh yeah you can borrow that. That CD is actually really great. I didn't figure you as a Beefheart fan, though. I thought you'd be into the Police or something. Ha ha. Just kidding, of course.
O K, are we set to go? Oh right, the handcuffs. Gee. Well, it's a fair cop. You remember how to get back to the front door? Yeah, just past the signed copy of Band on the Run. Boy am I in trouble.

"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home