Monday, November 22, 2004

Blockbuster Entertainment

Man, I really like this ‘War on Terrorism’ movie. I mean, sure, it has its critics, but it’s on like, every channel! That many people can’t be wrong, right? Thing is, I can’t keep up with the story. Who is the bad guy again? It used to be bin Laden and some guy called Al Qaeda, then it was Hussein, now it’s like the Foot Clan or whatever those guys with stockings over their faces and swords are. Also, the good guys are a bit iffy. It’s all a bit complicated.

Also, the producers need to work out what the big action sequence is going to be. I mean, it was a strong opening with those planes and those buildings, but I was kinda confused after that. I mean, where’s the war? Afghanistan or Iraq? Seriously, noone is going to buy that shit. It’s unrealistic. The plot details are also fuzzy. The audience never gets to find out what’s happening where or why. I mean, shit, I may not be Einstein, but I don’t remember any piece of dialogue that sounded anything like arguments for war. They should have got Bill Pullman to do the President role instead. He did it so well in Independence Day. Everyone knew who the bad guys were in that. I mean, they were aliens!

Man, why couldn’t they get Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay or some shit to direct it? That way we’d know where everyone stood, none of this artsy-fartsy vague shit. I mean, I want value for money. I don’t want to pay for shit I don’t understand.

So yeah, if you could get onto that, I’d be much appreciative. Cheers.

...Come to think of it, I don’t much like this movie at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home