Monday, July 03, 2006

PM Weighs in on BB controversy, for some reason

"

Prime Minister John Howard has called for the axing of reality television programme Big Brother after the alleged sexual misconduct that saw two housemates prematurely ejected from the house. Despite the controversial footage not actually being broadcast by Network Ten and it being none of the government's business, Mr Howard decided to weigh in on the issue, taking time out of his busy schedule to talk about trivia.

"Look, I have no problem with sexual abuse happening in the broader society, but I don't think it should be an issue on reality television" the Prime Minister said in a radio interview today. "Reality television should be about escapism and entertainment, not actual problems of real life".

Mr. Howard also denied the problem had anything to do with the culture and mythology of mateship, despite the fact that both the male housemates involved in the incident were trying to impress eachother with male bonding rituals like 'turkey slapping'. "What? No, mateship is Australian. Turkey slapping is unAustralian. Go Soccerroos!" the Prime Minister said.

Before leaving the interview on 3AM am, Mr. Howard said "I'm glad that the liberal media has allowed me to speak about this issue. It's a rare occurrence that I am even allowed to talk on national radio, such are their communist sympathies. Did I mention Go Socceroos?"

Big Brother has not announced plans to cancel this season early, especially since the overblown hype over the incident has made Network Ten millions of dollars.

"

2 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger One who tries said...

Wow. I wish I could see Big Brother Australia. I can't so I'm a bit confused as to what happened, but as for that first quote from the Prime Minister--is he for real??!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Woah, woah. Please be aware that this blog is all satire. Our PM might be out of touch but he's not insane!

Thanks for stopping by. Wow, I should probably update hey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home