Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"Wow, if I'd known I was going to appear on US breakfast television, I'd have gotten trapped in a mine ages ago!"

"

Crikey. It sure has been an interesting couple of weeks. There I am, minding my own business and all of a sudden I'm trapped in an underground mine with a bloke I don't even know. Cut to two weeks later and I'm being called a hero! Gee whiz, I was just trying to hold in my poo!

Now, next thing you know I'm getting phone calls from bloody Diane Sawyer. I wasn't familiar with the name but apparently she's some big Seppo big shot TV lady. And she wants little old me to appear on her program. Oh, and the other bloke.

Now, since being rescued from that mine I've done my fair share of talking to press people, but let me tell you: when I heard I was going to appear on American television, my heart skipped a beat. I've grown up all me life watching repeats of great American sitcoms, so you can understand how excited I am. If i'd known I'd get to be on US breakfast television, I'd have gotten trapped in a mine years ago!

I tell you, it makes it all worthwhile now. All those painful days and nights being in fear of my life and contemplating cutting off our leg...well, I mean, that was tough, but I'd do it all again just to be on uh...what's her name again? Diane? Yeah, her. I'd do it all again to be on her show. Whatever it's called.

"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home