Monday, August 08, 2005

Car Wash Guy Empathises with Discovery Shuttle Crew

"

At a glance, there's not much a NASA astronaut and a local car wash assistant have in common. One goes on missions outside of the Earth's atmosphere in highly sophisticated technology; and the other washes cars with water hoses and a soap brush. However, Jonah D'Arc, head car wash assistant at the local Wash 'N Clean, has expressed his empathy with the crew of NASA space shuttle Discovery, saying he too knows how bad weather can affect one's job.

"When I heard that the Discovery's return would be postponed by at least 24 hours because of poor weather, my heart just went out to Andy Thomas and the rest of the spacemen" the 24 year old said. "Trust me: I know how annoying inclement weather can be. Just the other day I'd finished a nice wax job on this new BMW when the heavens opened up and undid all my good work. So, my thoughts and prayers are with Discovery".

As a sign of solidarity between the disparate but connected professions, D'Arc will tomorrow offer discounts to any car wash customers who can prove they are in some way supporting the Discovery crew.

"

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Like a well-balanced pussy cat, you're always on the ball, Age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home