Monday, November 07, 2005

Entire PostSecret Site Work of One Lonely Guy

"

In a shock announcement to the internet community, today popular internet site postsecret.blogspot.com was revealed to be the work of just one sad dude, rather than thousands of sad dudes, as had been common belief. Darryl Turner, 38, said it was finally too big a secret to keep to himself and 'pretty much goes against the idea of the site, which is revealing secrets".

Somewhat fittingly, the revelation was announced as a postsecret postcard entry, with the text "I make up all the secrets on this site but pretend they are from different people" scrawled over a blank postcard with a sad face drawn in black marker. "I tried to find a postcard that had a painting of a weeping clown on it, but the store was shut by the time I got there, so I had to settle on making my own" said Turner, a certified accountant.

However, the response to Turner's revelation has not been pretty, with many people feeling cheated by the ruse. "I projected a lot of my own feelings onto those postsecret entries" said sales assistant Joan Pilsner, 24. "Now I feel like my empathy was in vain. I hate feeling like my empathy was in vain, you know?"

"It's just like this guy made me feel sorry for all those people and now it turns out he's the only one who we were feeling sorry for" said mechanic Jake Dwyer, 30. "That pisses me off because, like, I don't want him having all the sympathy. That sympathy was meant for everyone, not just him!"

Turner himself says he cannot apologise for his actions but he will happily pay fifty dollars to anyone who sends him an invoice for "Emotional Damages". He promises.

"

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Melba said...

oh my god this can't be true, is this for real?

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Um, right back at you. Are YOU for real? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home