Monday, September 27, 2004

Welcome

While I can only imagine that every other Blog on the internet begins with the words 'Welcome to my Blog', I'm going to have to bow to convention because nothing else seems appropriate.

Weclome to my Blog. I am still unsure as to why I have started one up, and indeed why people use online-journals at all. I've never quite understood the desire that people have to cathartically vomit whatever inane and silly things enter their minds onto the internet. I wanted to understand enough to actually go to some blog sites and browsed over a few of them, even asking one person to fill out a questionnaire about their reason for keeping a blog. Unfortunately, either due to my questions or the blogger's inability to fully define his/her motivation, I got very little insight.

So, I'm starting a blog (or 'blog') partly because it just might 'take one to know one' and partly because most blogs are ridiculously boring and I'd like to contribute something interesting to the ever-expanding void of the internet; but mostly because, despite my anthropology major, I don't think I'll ever be doing postgrad studies in it, so this is as close to fieldwork as I may get.

Sincerely,

Hegder
New Blogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home